Talented young hiphop artiste, Kwesi Arthur is set to headline the second edition of the Hitz FM SOLO event.
The Tema-based artiste is headlining the event after rapper M.anifest gave music enthusiasts a night to remember at the first edition at the Cockpit Bar inside the Achimota Retail Centre (Achimota Mall) on September 14.
The event makes a return to the same venue with the ‘Grind Day’ hit act taking charge of the night.
With no barricades and any other material hindrance, enthusiasts of M.anifest’s craft even mounted the stage to perform with him at the first event; the second edition will not be different.
The SOLO event is designed to give fans of the various artistes an intimate connection with them and also jam to their songs.
Kwesi Arthur in June this year became the only Ghanaian to receive a nomination at this year’s Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards. He was nominated in the ‘Viewers' Choice: Best New International Act’ category.
He met stiff off competition from Mc Soffia (Brazil), Prince Waly (France), Niniola (Nigeria), Sjava (South Africa), Sik-K (South Korea), Nailah Blackman (Trinidad And Tobago), Not3s (UK), Iamddb (UK) and Take A Mic (France). South Africa’s Sjava won that award.
Kwesi Arthur, whose song ‘Grind Day’ won ‘Hip Pop Song of the Year’ at the 2018 Ghana Music Awards, became the second Ghanaian to be nominated for that category.
The second edition of the SOLO event comes off on November 10 at the Cockpit Bar inside the Achimota Retail Centre (Achimota Mall).
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards