The best of the country’s musical talents will assemble at Kwahu to give revellers a treat of a lifetime at the second edition of ‘Bliss on the Hills’.
Leading the pack are reggae dancehall kings, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy and Samini, Gospel giants, Francis Agyei, Obaapa Christie and SP Kofi Sarpong.
The legendary rapper Obrafuor, sensational group PRAYE and the evergreen VVIP complete are some of the top hiplife artistes to make Christmas in the ‘Abetifi Republic’ an unforgettable experience.
Bliss on the Hills 2018, an initiative of Media Excel Productions, headed by Ernest Kwesi Ennin begins on Christmas Day, December 25, and will run through to the 31.
Speaking to the media Tuesday, Kwesi Ennin announced this year’s edition will see the introduction of an international boxing event on Boxing Day between Braima Kamoko popularly known as Bukom Banku and Kabiru Towolawi in an international Cruiserweight contest.
“The Kwahu for decades, is famed for hosting thousands every year during the Easter festivities. However, with a successful organisation of the first edition of the music festival in 2017, Kwahu appears have fired the signal for partygoers to converge there again in an unusual time of the year, Christmas,” he noted.
Bliss on the Hills will welcome music lovers on Christmas Day with Gospel concert top artistes including Yaw Sarpong, Francis Amo, Cece Twum, Diana Asamoah, Gifty Osei and Kesewa.
The night of December 27, will see Wendy Shay, Dabble, Bisa Kdei, Liwin and Captain Planet deliver Afropop and Hiplife tunes to put the festive period into full gear.
On December 29, expected to be full of fireworks, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini, Tarrus Riley, Ras Kuku and Jupitar will end the year with some tunes from their collections of reggae and dancehall music.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials