Two journalists of The Multimedia Group, Nathaniel Attoh and George Addo Jnr, have been nominated in this year’s Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards (EMY Africa).
This year’s event, which was launched at the Alliance Motors Showroom in Accra, also saw in attendance celebrities including Bola Ray, presenter KOD, actress Kafui Danku, Salma Mumin and many others.
Nathaniel Attoh, who hosted the event, faces stiff competition from Jake Obeng Bediako, musician Okyeame Kwame, retired footballer Stephen Appiah, and actor Harold Amenyah in the 'Man of the Year - Style (Best Groomed Man) category.
First-time nominee Goerge Addo Jnr told Daniella AduAsare, he is surprised at his nomination.
“I feel good about it, a bit surprised because I did not know the workings of it, I was really shocked to know that I was in that category,” he said.
Also known by the sobriquet ‘English Fireman’, George Addo Jnr believes his hard work in the year past has paid off with such recognition.
The Sports Journalist competes with award-winning blogger Ameyaw Debrah, Citi FM’s Benard Avle, Presenter Abeiku Santana, and Starr FM’s Giovanni Caleb in the Best Man of the Year, Communications category.
The Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards (EMY Africa) organized by Carbon Av and Exclusive Men’s Magazine, seeks to honour men mainly and some women in Ghana and across the continent, who have contributed to the progress of their communities, countries and the world at large.
Some other categories include the Discovery of the Year category which has Kuami Eugene, boxer Isaac Dogbe, King Promise, Kobby Blay and Alloysius Attah, as well as Men in Entertainment, in which Dancehall artiste Stonebwoy faces competition from Kumawood actor Akrobeto, Comedian DKB, Playwright Latif Abubakar and movie producer Abdul Salam.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band