A member of music group Wutah, Kobby, is accusing his partner, Afriyie, of greed.
According to Kobby, the group has been unproductive after their hit song ‘Bronya’ because his other half has been uncooperative.
Speaking to JoyNews’ MzGee at the career day celebration of students of Daddy’s School Complex in Accra, where he was a guest artiste, Kobby suggested his group mate takes delight in rubbishing his hard work.
“I get emotional anytime I have got to talk about this, what bothers me most is that something that you’ve worked so hard for and then your partner is taking advantage of all the hard work you have done and using the name for his personal stuff,” he said.
He noted that every effort to get Afriyie to conform to the tenets of their agreement or contract with NKZ Records has proved futile as the artiste prefers to embark on solo performances.
“Yes, I sent him a message and he refused to respond. A lot of issues have come up and it is something that started, it has been going on for a long time now and I thought it could get better because we are growing,” he said.
Afriyie added that “As we grow, it is like the greed gets too much and we have bills to pay and so if you are working with somebody and they get greedy and you don’t get what you deserve what is going to happen?”
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning