A three –hour non-stop live band performance by the Funky Africans Band got patrons dancing their stress away as they climaxed Easter festivities at the Luv FM Family Party in the Park at Golden Tulip Kumasi-City Gardens.
Both young and old could not just hide their ecstatic mood at the bi-annual fun-filled event which comes off on during Christmas and Easter seasons.
patrons at this Easter’s celebration had no less fun as the venue was packed with families taking time off to relax and have fun.
The plush Golden Tulip Hotel provided the serenity and warmth for people to respond to the rendition of songs across genre.
How would you resist an ‘invitation’ to tap your feet, nod your head and eventually put on your dancing shoe to ‘exercise’ the body to reggae, hi-life, francophone and popular 'adadam' tunes played live on accordion and saxophone musical instruments?
The ‘infection’ never spared anyone. Not even those who were shy.
The ‘Biggie’ Kofi Nuako-led band really mesmerized patrons with that thunderous performance, especially, when they did Hi-life legend, Amakye Dede's “Odo da Baabi".
“I don't feel like going home. Live band is a ‘jam’. I will be here till, till," a patron, Mr. Osei Asibey, struggled to complete his sentence.
As more people invaded the floor after leader of the Funky Africans Band had assured them of ‘till-daybreak’’ show, came a spontaneous teeth-gnashing shout, "Sheeeey", when darkness was nigh.
Organizers then introduced yet another music and dance party, 'Private Party' led by Emperor DJ Chifaro to whip-up the party.
Easter Monday, 2019, will remain a memorable one for patrons s who chose Luv FM Family Party in the Park over all other events in town.
All too soon, it was time to call it quit because organizers had to respect the terms of engagement for use of the venue and bring proceedings to an end.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister