A pastor’s wife must focus on developing an attitude of contentment. She will have to watch other people in the church do things with their kids that she is not able to do.
That also includes sometimes, watching them decorate their homes in ways she cannot decorate. She will have to watch them purchasing things that she and her family cannot purchase.
But Rev. Mrs Rita Korankye says the pastor’s wife must understand that the rewards of ministry do not always come in tangible or monetary form.
“Every woman wants to be a pastor's wife but it can be a lonely journey,” wife of Rev. Sam Korankye Ankrah, the Founder and General Overseer of the Royal House Chapel told Lexis Bill on the Personality Profile on Joy FM, Thursday.
One of her wishes growing up was to become a member of a religious community of women because of her passion for Kingdom business.
“I had always wanted to be a Catholic nun…It’s something that I wanted to do…,” Mrs Korankye Ankrah revealed.
The Ashanti woman who was born and raised in Chorkor in the heart of Accra would land a job in the banking sector later in life although she would have preferred to be a dietician.
She held onto her passion until she got the chance to “preach my first sermon in a church.” She sought permission from her supervisor at the bank to take the day off to prepare for her religious assignment- and it was granted.
The next day, Mama Rita, as she is now known, brought a cassette recording to her boss for possible feedback.
“After she listened to my preaching she advised me to resign. ‘This is not your calling, go and help your husband’s ministry’ she told me,” she recounted.
That marked the beginning of her entry into ministry.
Listen to the full interview:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case