Gospel musician Brother Sammy has revealed that his feud with fellow gospel musician Ernest Opoku was a publicity stunt.
The two Kumasi-based artistes after a series of verbal altercations and accusations were made to reconcile at the 4th edition of iYES Conference organised by Pastor Brian Amoateng at the National Theatre.
However, speaking to JoyNews’ MzGee about the aftermath of Brian Amoateng’s gesture and his current relationship with his comrade Ernest Opoku, Brother Sammy disclosed the said grudge was planned and done to gain attention.
“Yesterday I called him, it is an old story, sometimes we can do something to hype ourselves and you will fight at the back. I and Ernest Opoku, we are friends. It was just for the hype,” he said.
Asked what they sought to achieve with such stunts, Brother Sammy replied;
“We gained money and hype. Without a billionaire, you cannot do music so sometimes you need to create something to hype your music.”
When MzGee pointed out that that is what secular artistes may do, Brother opined, “They (secular artiste) are learning from us.”
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters
- I smoked because my family owned a marijuana farm – Pastor Abbeam