Rapper Medikal strongly believes that he was the lifeline to Ghanaian rap music some four years ago.
According to him, he saved the country’s rap music from dying and promises to keep it so.
Basking in the glory of bagging two awards – ‘Rapper of the Year’ and ‘Hip-Hop Artiste of the Year’ – at the 20th anniversary of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) this year, Medikal bragged that he is the saviour of rap music.
“4 years ago I saved Ghanaian Rap music from dying and I promise to keep it alive,” he boasted on Instagram.
Medikal walked home with no awards after bagging seven nominations at 2017 edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana