Father of the award-winning rapper, Kwesi Arthur, Samuel Danso Arthur says his son’s claim he will settle at age 35 should not be taken seriously.
Kwesi Arthur, 24, a few months ago in an interview on Starr FM suggested marriage may derail his focus.
He revealed he would prefer to settle down at 35.
But the father of the ‘Ground-Up artiste who was celebrated on Fathers’ Day edition of ‘The Gist’ told Joy News’ MzGee, his son’s plans to marry in his mid-30s may be the result of the challenges faced by the family when he was a child.
Kwesi Arthur and his father in church
“He can’t be serious. I saw it and I said ‘this guy is he normal’? When you are young and you put structures in place, you make healthy babies. They should have asked him how old his dad was when he gave birth to him. I think 35 is too much,” Mr Danso said.
The rapper's father believes he is delaying his marriage because of his experiences while growing up “but life cannot ever give you 100%.”
Kwesi Arthur’s dad was grateful to his superstar son who according to him replaced his cab engine when it broke down recently.
The Gist with MzGee airs on the Joynews Channel on MultiTV at 8:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise