Rapper Kwesi Arthur’s mother, Vivian Ofosua Danso Arthur has likened him to Jesus Christ.
The description, according to her, is because the rapper exhibits traits of a special child who has brought glory and honour to the family.
Mrs Arthur, who shared stories of her son’s journey to stardom on the Mother’s Day edition of The Gist with MzGee’ on JoyNews highlighted the difficulties the family had in securing him tertiary education.
She described the turnaround of events as the result of God’s intervention.
“It’s God that made us go through tribulations so that Kwesi Arthur will bring glory to the family. I’ve always felt he was special because his conduct is special and not unworthy. So sometimes I say he is Jesus. He also lives and behaves like Jesus,” she said.
“His Father and I mutually decided to call him Emmanuel when he was born,” the rapper’s mother added.
The Gist with MzGee airs on the JoyNews Channel on MultiTV, DSTV 421 on Saturday and Sundays at 8.a30pm.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control