The Police says families of the two Zuarangu police officers who were killed by armed robbers on Wednesday will be offered psychological and trauma care.
This will ensure they are well equipped to tackle the tragic demise of their beloveds.
Constable Emmanuel Akowuah and Constable Adam Suley met their untimely demise when a gang robbing a business man at the Zuarangu market opened fire at them. The two were on routine patrols.
The bullets fired by the robbers pierced through the fuel tank of the motorbike and the tank exploded into flames, leading to their deaths.
The robbers made away with GH¢2,000.00.
In a press statement signed by Director General of Public Affairs, ACP Kwesi Ofori, the Service noted it will leave no stone unturned and search every nook and cranny to ensure the robbers face justice for their callous act.
“We are assuring the families of the two deceased police officers and the general public that we are determined to get these suspected robbers arrested.”
A special anti-robbery intelligence-led operation has been launched to track down and arrest three suspected robbers who shot and killed two police officers.
Already, a GH₵50,000 bounty has been placed on the heads of the armed robbers to enable individuals who have knowledge on the whereabouts of the criminals to reach out to the service. This is to expedite investigations.
Also, a special anti-robbery task force is being deployed to assist the Upper East Regional Police Command in combating robbery and other violent crimes to safeguard lives and properties.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- Assin North MP case: Supreme Court veered off the real issue before them – Ayariga
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in the illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s Jealous lver
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Beware of the “I hate drama” guy who happens to have “crazy” exes
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”