After 17 years of stewardship, Johnson Asiedu Nketia is bowing out of his position as the General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
He is taking this step as he vies for a higher portfolio in the party.
General Mosquito, as he is popularly called, is going up against incumbent Samuel Ofosu Ampofo for the Chairmanship position.
The elections will take place at the Accra Sports Stadium where the NDC is holding its 2022 Delegates Congress.
Addressing the delegates, the General Secretary bade farewell to his members and urged all to forgive any transgressions that may have emanated from his office while serving as the chief scribe.
“Those I’ve offended, may the Lord touch your hearts to forgive me. The credit I have made so far is shared and attributed to the footsoldiers of this party,” he concluded.
The others in the chairmanship race also include Samuel Yaw Adusei and Nii Armah Ashietey.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- US halts Blinken China visit after spy balloon row
- 150 unemployed youth from Tamale enrolls in the Sinapi Aba Youth Apprenticeship Program
- You’re responsible for your personal well-being, take charge – Ariel the Wellness Coach