Audio By Carbonatix
The former Managing Director of GIHOC Distilleries, Maxwell Kofi Jumah, has been granted bail to the TUNE of GHS500,000 with two sureties.
This follows his arrest in connection with the alleged theft of vehicles belonging to the state-owned company.
Mr Jumah was granted bail on Monday, 30 June, after appearing at the headquarters of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), where he had been detained as investigations got underway.
The Ghana Police Service confirmed the arrest during a press briefing led by Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Lydia Yaako Donkor.
She explained that the arrest followed a formal complaint from GIHOC Distilleries, which alleged that Mr Jumah had unlawfully taken company vehicles after his departure from office.
“We received a petition stating that some vehicles belonging to GIHOC Distilleries had been stolen by the former MD, Maxwell Kofi Jumah,” DCOP Donkor said. “He is currently in our custody at the CID headquarters, assisting with the investigation.”
She further confirmed that police had so far recovered three of the vehicles linked to the case. “As of this afternoon, we have retrieved three of the vehicles in question,” she added.
“He is cooperating with the investigation, and we will proceed based on the evidence gathered.”
Latest Stories
-
Concerned Drivers Association threaten 20% fare increment over VIP price hikes
1 minute -
Why Andre Dede Ayew deserves a place in Ghana’s 2026 World Cup squad
4 minutes -
Lebanon says 21 killed, including children, in Israeli air strikes
5 minutes -
GCB Bank reaffirms commitment to Ghana’s infrastructure development under “Big Push” agenda
10 minutes -
NPP cries foul over last-minute court transfer in Abronye bail application
11 minutes -
Producer inflation rises to 2.7% in April 2026
12 minutes -
Ghana’s youth takeover JoyNews national dialogue to share perspectives on climate change this Thursday
14 minutes -
GNFS prevents possible fuel tanker explosion on Fume–Biakpa stretch
17 minutes -
More die of suspected Ebola as WHO warns that numbers will rise further
18 minutes -
ORAL is on track and will succeed — Dominic Ayine insists
22 minutes -
Missing toddler found dead in bush after five-day search in Assin North
27 minutes -
Government to hold minority stake in proposed national airline — Transport Minister
34 minutes -
Works on Sataso bridge resume in Mampong
40 minutes -
Minority exaggerating claims of suppressed free speech — Attorney-General, Dominic Ayine
47 minutes -
Dominic Ayine dismisses NPP threats, says gov’t will protect freedoms
55 minutes