The NPP Parliamentary primaries elections in the Bantama constituency was halted for over 30 minutes after some delegates were involved in a fistfight.
According to Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor, some supporters of the incumbent MP, Daniel Oyem-Aboagye, traded blows with some delegates said to be supporters of Deputy Chief of Staff, Francis Asenso-Boakye.
The delegates are said to be members of the security agencies while others are reported to be Foreign Affairs staff.
According to the supporters of Mr Oyem-Aboagye, the delegates were prevented from voting because the laws governing the primaries bars them from voting.
The security officials had a hard time stopping the two camps after they started exchanging words.
In no time it degenerated into a fistfight as supporters from the two camps attacked each other.
The Election Officer at the polling station said there is little he can do to prevent the soc-called unqualified voters from voting since their names are in the register.
He said once they have passed the test to have their names in the party’s register, he or anyone else cannot disenfranchise them.
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
ECOWAS Bank lends $50m to Consolidated Bank Ghana
DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
Vigilante groups have ventured into ‘galamsey’ and law enforcement – Kwesi Aning
Microsoft board investigated Bill Gates over alleged affair with employee
Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
Stephen Bernard Donkor: When a chap dies out of unavailability of bed
Disbanding of political party vigilantes was a sham – Kwesi Aning
MP redeems campaign pledge in donating brand new motorcycles
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
The law will deal with you if you engage in illegal felling of economic trees- UW Minister
Message from the Morning Man: The Demon Judges
Ghana will enforce Covid-19 restrictions until herd immunity is achieved – Akufo-Addo
Akufo-Addo’s approach to galamsey fight akin to mob justice – NDC
Maritime insecurity remains a big threat-CDS
NPP Women’s Organizer seeks justice for burnt mining equipment