The Ga Mantse, Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II has appealed to President Akufo-Addo to aid in the ongoing quest to change the name of Greater Accra region to Ga-Adangbe Region.
Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II made this call on Friday when President Akufo Addo called on him as part of his two day tour of the Greater Accra region.
According to the Ga ruler, the change is “to advance the unification and consolidation of Ga-Adangme and increase the teaching of the Ga language in schools in the region.”
The Monarch lauded the President for the impact of policies, programmes and developmental projects he has undertaken in the Region. He specifically mentioned the James Town Fishing Harbour and the Salaga Market.
“Your Excellency, we are seeing development in Accra. But we encourage you to do more,” he stated.
The Ga Mantse also commened the President for the various social interventions introduced, especially in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the nomination of the first female Mayor of Accra.”
He also assured that the Ga State would actively contribute towards ensuring that President Akufo-Addo’s pledge to make Accra the cleanest city in Africa is achieved.
“In that regard, all the Chiefs in the Ga State pledge to be ambassadors in promoting the clean Accra Agenda,” he added.
According to Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II, the Ga State together with the Ga Traditional Council will work hand-in-hand to maintain peace within the Ga States.
He also pledged that the the duo will “resolve all chieftaincy disputes within the shortest possible time to facilitate the development of the Ga State and Ghana as a whole.”
President Nana Akufo-Addo expressed delight over the peace that has finally been restored to the Ga State, following the installing of Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II as Ga Mantse, after years of protracted Chieftaincy disputes in the State.
According to him, “I’m happy today, pleased, for peace to come to the Ga State during my time as President. Everyone should be excited that now we have a Ga Mantse after the protracted chieftaincy issues since the demise of Nii Amugi. I pray to God to give you strength to have a successful reign.”
He reassured King Tackie Teiko Tsuru II that he will give everything within his power to help the new Ga Mantse unify the Ga State, stressing that a united Ga State will help provide a conducive environment for the central government to function and help improve the living standards of the people.
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for correcting his daughter’s wrong medical prescription
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Motorists, residents outraged over poor state of Olebu roads
- Government urged to increase school feeding grant per child from GH₵ 1.00 to GH₵5.00
- Black Stars Playbook: Ghana 3-2 South Korea; why Ghana struggled in the wide areas
- 2022 World Cup: Koulibaly powers Senegal to last 16 after win over Ecuador
- NSS summons Ashanti boss for investigation
- Play Soccer Ghana commemorates Global Peace Games 2022
- State Prosecutors call Manasseh Azure Awuni as first witness in trial of former PPA boss
- Why NGOs should embrace digitisation of payments and collections
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Amassing wealth as a politician is wickedness – Executive Director of CNIR
- Qatar 2022: You risk going to jail if you resell match tickets – Sports Minister warns Ghana supporters
- Kantamanto market fire: we need stakeholder engagement to provide affordable microinsurance – Insurance Brokers Association
- South Sudan urged to prosecute top officials linked to rape
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Cardinal Baawobr was a champion for the poor – Wa Catholic Diocese