Ghana’s national carrier, Intercity STC Coaches Limited, has agreed to support referees in three flagship competitions of the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
After accepting a GFA proposal for a symbiotic relationship, Intercity STC has offered a 50% reduction on all referee travels for the upcoming season.
The agreement was reached on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, when Executives of the GFA, led by President Kurt E.S Okraku called on the management of the state-owned transport operator at their Headquarters in Accra.
Nana Oduro Sarfo Executive Council member Referees Manager Mr. Alex Kotey accompanied the President to the meeting with support for referees in the Premier League, National Division One League and the Women’s Premier League being top of the agenda.
Nana Akomea, Managing Director of Intercity STC Coaches Limited and his Deputy Managing Director (Operations), Mr. Kwabena Sintim-Aboagye and other senior management members were present at the ceremony.
“This is our contribution towards the development of football in our country,” Nana Akomea said during the meeting.
This deal will ensure that the cost burden on our referees is lessened and they will travel on the safest Intercity STC Coaches which is very comfortable and has good Wi-Fi connectivity.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims
- South Dayi MP donates items to support schools in district