Technology and Innovations are driving the growth and expansion of leading economies in the world today. In Ghana, digital innovations are changing the ways our nation operates for the better, with tremendous potential to transform the lives of our people in the years ahead.
These innovations cut across sectors, from Agriculture, Education, Energy, through ICT to Transport, and most are yet to come to the limelight and unleash their potential impacts.
This kind of progress is attainable when the government, civil society and the private sector collaborate to craft a shared national vision centred on the use of digital technology and innovation to drive major economic transformation.
It is in this spirit of progress that the Vice President’s office is spearheading the Ghana Digital Innovation Week implementation with support from multi-stakeholders including the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation; the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) as well as the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI).
The Accra Digital Centre (ADC); the National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (NEIP); the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Center of Excellence in ICT plus the Ghana Chamber of Technology are onboard as private sector stakeholders in addition to Ashesi University College and the University of Ghana.
The Ghana Digital Innovation Week seeks to celebrate the accomplishments of Ghana’s digital innovation ecosystem and build momentum towards a shared vision for its future development.
This grand venture is part of trilateral cooperation between Ghana, Germany and Israel on innovation and development to promote government level awareness for digital innovation while also adding impetus to the growth of the digital innovation ecosystem in Ghana.
The premier free edition of the GDIW will feature over 20 exclusive conversations, plenaries, and presentations under the principle theme; Mobilising Collective Action and Investment to Catalyse Growth in Ghana’s Digital Innovation Ecosystem.
Join in-person (limited seats only) or online from 22nd – 26th November at the Grand Arena, inside the Accra International Conference or virtually on Hopin. Register online today at www.gdiw.org to attend this future altering event!
GDIW is an initiative of Make- I.T. in Africa, a program implemented by GIZ Ghana on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
Ghana Digital Innovation Week, let’s Ignite, Co-create, Develop & Transform together!
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kejetia Market fire: Managers ignored systematic flaws – City authorities
- Chewing gum improves academic performance
- Lori Harvey and Damson Idris reportedly split after three month whirlwind romance
- African sport rocked by sexual abuse allegations in DR Congo and Cameroon
- Ministerial nominees: Stalemate persists; Minority determined not to approve – Ablakwa
- Global Economic Challenges: Time is right to see value of insurers – Owusu-Banahene
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’