Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team were disqualified from the World Relays final after breaking changeover rules.
The team initially finished third in the final behind Brazil and South Africa with a time of 39.11s but minutes after the race and time confirmations, drama ensued as Brazil and Ghana were disqualified.
Ghana’s team was disqualified after breaking changeover rules. The final changeover took place outside the authorized zone.
Ghana’s disqualification came as a result of a late changeover – Rule TR 24.7 between the pair of Benjamin Azamati and Joseph Manu.
In the process, it means South Africa, Italy, Japan and Denmark were the only four out of eight competing teams to record times in the men’s 4x100m.
On a slightly brighter side, the decision is subject to an appeal from team Ghana.
The quartet of Benjamin Azamati, Safo-Antwi, Joseph Paul-Amoah and Joseph Manu have already secured Ghana a place at the Olympic Games and the 2022 World Athletics Championship to take place in Oregon, USA.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC
Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
Leaders, create the right environment for your workers – Newmont Regional Vice President
Livestream: Appointments Committee vets Herbert Krapa, Mark Okraku Mantey and 2 others
Green Ghana Project: Stonebwoy, Dentaa join Royal Senchi to plant trees
Lawyer disputes voices on audio in treason trial
Live updates: Herbert Krapa, Okraku Mantey and 2 other Deputy Ministers-designate face Appointments Committee
Appointments Committee vets Mark Okraku Mantey, Herbert Krapa and 2 others today
Don’t be in haste to appoint interim management for TOR – Energy Minister cautioned
Apologise for false allegations or face lawsuit – Lawyers of Societe Generale Board Chairperson to PPP
Uncle Ebo Whyte: Unwritten rules men live by