The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has apologised for publishing two different coronavirus figures on its Covid-19 webpage on Tuesday night.
Dr Badu Sarkodie, Director of Public Health at the Service, said the mishap was unfortunate and that pressure from working for long hours, perhaps got to the gentleman who was supposed to update the page, resulting in the mistake.
Addressing the press at the Information Ministry’s media briefing Thursday, he appealed to Ghanaians to pardon the Service for the error.
“Sincerely, I think I have to render an apology. These are some of the things you have when people work late in the night and have to produce an output.”
The GHS in its Tuesday update resurrected claims that government was massaging the Covid-19 figures after 7,367 and 7,117 were reported 15 minutes apart.
The contradicting figures left social media in a state of confusion. While some assumed it was a mistake, others concluded government was indeed hiding the true state of affairs from Ghanaians.
But Dr Sarkodie says that is not the case.
According to him “whatever we put there is the truth and nothing than that.”
He said the gentleman who made the mistake “should have called some of us to advise him to put down something and apologise to the people of Ghana. This cannot be done.
“We sincerely apologise for that,” he added.
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
- Arresting pedestrians who jaywalk across Tema motorway is not possible – MTTD Director
NDC cadre could’ve asked for 2020 election collated figures if interested – Ade Coker to Kunbour
Hacklab 2021 ends with 9 commercially viable AI Solutions
22-year-old sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defilement
2 suspects arrested for burning 64-year-old woman in North East Region
Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd
CHAG, SafeCare Ghana certify 28 assessors for nationwide evaluation of CHAG facilities
Cargo truck involved in accident at Kadjebi
Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
Brace yourselves for more floods until wetlands are reclaimed – NADMO to Kumasi residents
Oil marketing sector risk collapse over market saturation, unhealthy practices – Oil marketing companies
Re: Linda Dor highway rest stop allays fears of commuters
Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
Ghana’s CEOs Summit to push for Digital Economy Act