Audio By Carbonatix
The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama, has criticised Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia for asking Ghanaians to vote for him in the 2024 general elections.
Speaking at the launch of the NDC’s campaign on Saturday, July 27, in Tamale, Mahama argued that the youth cannot afford to waste another four years trying out Dr. Bawumia’s unproven leadership.
He emphasised that the country's young people need experienced and effective leadership to create opportunities and drive development.
Mr Mahama slammed Dr. Bawumia for his role in the current government, which he pointed out has mismanaged the economy.
He pointed out the economic challenges faced by Ghanaians under the current administration, attributing them to poor leadership and decision-making.
Furthermore, the former President stated that Dr. Bawumia does not deserve the opportunity to lead the country, given his performance so far.
Read also: NDC Campaign Launch: Bawumia is running away from his role as head of EMT – Mahama Ayariga
He urged the electorate to consider the track records of the candidates and make an informed decision that will benefit the nation.
Mr Mahama stressed that the youth are clamouring for an experienced hand to create real opportunities for them, implying that his own leadership would better serve the country's future.
“On December 7, Ghana must change course, we cannot solve the crisis in which we are with the same people who caused the problem. Several years ago, somebody [President Akufo-Addo] came and said try me, the result is what we’re seeing today. Today, another person [Dr Bawumia] has come and he’s also saying try me.
“And he’s saying the same things the one who has put us in this ditch said eight years ago. And what they are saying is that if they don’t deliver after four years, change me.
“The youth of this country don’t have four years to waste. The youth of this country are in a hurry to create the opportunities that will make them live a dignified life. They are not going to try somebody and four years take him off. The youth want an experienced hand," he jabbed.
Latest Stories
-
Eric Tinkler motivated by challenge of improving Kotoko
9 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, August 19, 2026
18 minutes -
‘You can’t improve players on pitches like this’ – Kotoko coach Tinkler
21 minutes -
Petroleum Commission says regulatory reviews have saved Ghana US$2.2bn
23 minutes -
Prosecution of former NPP appointees not political persecution – Mustapha Gbande
27 minutes -
Revised Ghana Card fees approved by Parliament, not unilaterally introduced – NIA
28 minutes -
NIA says Labone Prestige Centre is optional, district offices remain operational
33 minutes -
Three-month-old baby girl found abandoned in Ada bush
34 minutes -
Boakye Agyarko vows to rebuild NPP into a winning force ahead of 2028
39 minutes -
One seriously injured as four vehicles crash on Ofankor–Pokuase stretch days after fatal accident
49 minutes -
GES denies GH¢1,500 Free SHS payment directive, urges parents to ignore viral claim
2 hours -
The losses were necessary – Manteaw defends GoldBod’s costly push to win Ghana’s gold market
3 hours -
We are concerned about inflation outlook when it comes to MPC decisions – BoG Governor
3 hours -
GoldBod had to ‘pay more’ to beat Indians, Chinese in Ghana’s gold market – Manteaw
3 hours -
Gov’t pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP Coupon in full and on schedule
3 hours