Gideon Mensah has signed a three-year contract with AJ Auxerre.
The defender makes a return to France after spending the 2021/22 season with Bordeaux.
Mensah joined Red Bull Salzburg in 2017 and has since had loan spells at Sturm Graz, Zulte Waregem, Vitória Sport Clube, and Bordeaux.
Sources close to the player confirm to Joy Sports that the 24-year-old had interest this summer from Reading, Preston North End, and Gaziantepspor. However, the left-back opted for a move to France.
The Ghanaian registered 2 assists in 23 games for Bordeaux last season.
Mensah successfully passed his Auxerre medicals on Friday before signing the contract.
Auxerre gained promotion back to Ligue 1 for the first time in 10 years and Mensah becomes their ninth signing of the summer.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs