Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has stressed that moves to digitilise the activities of Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) will soon commence to help discourage corrupt practices in the public sector.
According to him, digitalising the operations of assemblies will help block leakages in the public sector, improving domestic revenue collection.
Speaking at the 6th CEO Summit today[30th May, 2022]Dr. Bawumia was hopeful that digitilisation of the economy will not only help to boost domestic revenue collection, but will also bring back confidence in the public system.
Describing the current activities of assemblies as ineffective, Dr. Bawumia stated that the digital foundation that has been established over the last four years is appropriate to now migrate the activities assemblies onto digital platforms.
“What we want to do next is the assemblies. The Assemblies are also a major bottleneck. Especially when it comes to granting of permits and so on. That is where we are going to turn our attention to, to help digitize the operations of the MMDAs so that they can offer services in the very efficient manner”, he said.
Dr. Bawumia maintained that the strong foundations laid by the interconnection of state institutions makes it imperative to role in the operations of the assemblies to enhance efficiency.
“We are integrating all the data bases slowly with one source of truth, which is the National Identity Card. We are integrating the SSNIT, DVLA, Bank accounts, NHIS, SIM card and so on,” he said.
He added that government has achieved a lot by moving the informal sector into the banking sector through mobile money will create a pool of fund that will make it cheaper to access money through digital platform.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey:The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo
- My government is yet to win galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo
- Global Citizen Festival was successful because of risks taken by organisers – Social Director
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- Schools and hospitals in Tetegu shutdown due to flooding situation
- #NoToGalamsey: We have not got the result I was looking for – Akufo-Addo on galamsey fight
- ‘Kotoko and Hearts of Oak collapsed fund meant to support Ghanaian clubs in Africa’- Nyantakyi
- Understanding fundamentals of financial wellbeing as a catalyst for personal growth