The Ghana Stock Exchange could be closing the year as the best performing equity market in Africa this year with a Year-To-Date return in local term of about 44% for investor, its November 2021 Monthly Performance Report has revealed.
At the same time, the bond or debt market continued its outstanding performance with barely two weeks to end the year.
The report stated that investor sentiments continued to sustain the growth of the market as foreign investors will be smiling home with a return of about 40% in dollar term by the end of the year.
The major gainers in the month of November 2021 were BOPP (33%), CalBank (14.47%), Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (12.50%), Total Petroleum (9.36%) and GOIL (7.06%). These stocks have witnessed immense investor interest in recent times.
Total value of shares traded during the month under review was estimated at 44.4 million, a growth of 29%, over the previous month.
For the bond market, it closed the month of November 2021 with a total of 19.70 billion volume traded. This represents an increase of 12.19% over the previous month.
Total value of bonds traded was however estimated at a little above 20 billion.
Meanwhile, in Africa, the Lusaka Stock Exchange of Zambia (43.77%) and the Ivorian BVRM (24.58%) are the 2nd and 3rd best performing stock market in local term.
|Jan-November 2021||Jan-November 2020|
|Volume||454.6 million||555.0 million|
|GSE Composite Index YTD||47.65%||-19.43%|
|Market Capitalization||¢64.46 billion||¢53.08 billion|
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Indonesia’s new sex laws and what they could mean for tourism
- Akufo-Addo commissions road bridge at Afienya
- e-Crime Bureau awarded for a decade of impact in cyber security
- People envy my wealth – Nigerian presidential hopeful Tinubu
- Felicia Osei: Why Ebo Whyte’s latest play, “Husband Material” is a must watch
- Tinubu criticised after facing questions in London
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.