The High Court has adjourned its hearing on an injunction application brought by Charles Bissue, a former Presidential Staffer and one-time Secretary of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining.
This writ is to stop the Special Prosecutor from prosecuting him on the grounds that he was already set free by the Police.
Instead, the court will first hear Mr. Bissue’s application for discoveries, which is due to take place on June 12th, 2023.
The Office of the Special Prosecutor strongly opposed this decision, yet the court ruled in favor of Mr. Bissue, who has yet to be served with the affidavit from the OSP.
In December 2022, the former Secretary of the defunct Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM) wants the court to prevent the Office of the Special Prosecutor from investigating him.
Charles Bissue secured an injunction at an Accra High Court seeking to do so.
On October 10, Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng started investigating some public officials over their alleged involvement in illegal mining (galamsey).
The investigation targeted some officials of the Lands Ministry, the Forestry Commission, and the dissolved Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM).
The OSP said the inquiry will also span allegations of use of public office for profit against Charles Bissue during his tenure as secretary to the IMCIM.
This is based on an investigative documentary by Tiger Eye P.I.
However, the New Patriotic Party (NPP) member is seeking to end it.
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision