Hearts of Oak coach Edward Nii Odoom believes his side had enough chances to win Thursday’s Ghana Premier League encounter with Ashanti Gold.
The Phobians missed out on the victory at home as they were held to a goalless draw at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Hearts are ninth on the league standings, five places below the Miners.
“I think it was a nice game, we had all the chances to win but we blew it away,” Odoom told the press after the game.
“We were doing our high pressing and creating our chances but I don’t know what happened.
“We will keep working hard and hopefully we will get there.”
AshGold boss Kasim Gokyildiz, however, appeared satisfied with the match’s outcome.
“The mentality was to win the game but we didn’t utilise our chances, just as Hearts of Oak,” the Miners coach told the media.
“I think the result is quite good.
“In fact it was a tough match and I’m satisfied with the result.”
Hearts face second-placed Aduana Stars in their next game as AshGold host 10th-positioned Liberty Professionals.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Pardon Suame NDC Youth Organiser for misspeaking – Sammy Gyamfi tells Police
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority
- Ministerial appointments do not cost as much as people think – Dr. Adomako Kissi
- Visiting green spaces 3-4 times weekly may lower your need for meds, according to new study
- Use legal means to challenge imposition of back-tax – GRA to multinational companies
- We’re encouraging Ghana’s government to push education in creative arts – Idris Elba
- Poultry sector receives major boost as two companies team up to produce locally
- UHAS leaps towards improving sports medicine in Ghana