A Special Aide to former President, John Dramani Mahama has lambasted the government for giving state awards to persons alleged to have mismanaged Covid-19 funds.
Madam Joyce Bawah Mogtari says the award would not whitewash these persons.
In a tweet on Wednesday, March 15, she said a future NDC government will investigate and prosecute any wrongdoing.
The recklessness with which government and its aficionados stole in the name of Covid-19 cannot be whitewashed by dishing out state awards to the same companies who mostly received these huge sums without recourse to protecting the public purse.— Joyce Bawah Mogtari (@joyce_bawah) March 15, 2023
According to her, an NDC government will not allow a few to enrich themselves at the expense of citizenry.
“The recklessness with which government and its aficionados stole in the name of Covid-19 cannot be whitewashed by dishing out state awards to the same companies who mostly received these huge sums without recourse to protecting the public purse,” she said.
The Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman Manu amongst others were honoured by the State for their role in the fight against COVID-19.
The award was to recognise the selflessness, hard work and outstanding contributions of the national COVID-19 Taskforce in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
They received the awards on Tuesday, March 14.
The state explained that the Order of Volta-Companion awards cover core members of the COVID-19 national Taskforce, Trustees of the COVID-19 private sector fund and legal team as well as other individuals nominated for special awards in recognition of their extraordinary contributions towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and in other spheres of national lives.
However, Mr Mahama’s Special Aide said the persons cited in the Auditor-General’s audit report on Covid-19 expenditure do not deserve the recognition.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah