Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has once again highlighted the performance of the cedi under the Akufo-Addo government.
He said the local currency has not only performed better but its drop against major international currencies has been stabilised.
Speaking at the maiden Townhall Meeting in Kumasi, he said under the Akufo-Addo government the performance of the cedi has been much than the Mahama regime which experienced a free fall.
“How has the cedi performed under the government of Nana Akufo-Addo in the last three years? The answer is very simple. Between 1993 and 1996, which is the first term of the Fourth Republic, the average rate of depreciation of the cedi was 27.95 per cent.
“From 1997 to 2000, it was 25.19 per cent. From 2001 to 2004, we drastically reduced to 11. 4 per cent under President Kufuor. In 2005 to 2008, the second term to 6.75 per cent.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- School feeding programme: Caterers reject proposed increment to ₵1.20 per child
- Burna Boy makes history in London with sellout stadium show
- UEW staff write to Akufo-Addo to remove Governing Council Chair over abuse of office, appointment of VC
- Savannah Traditional Council working to resolve Gonja-Mamprusi conflict
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss