Audio By Carbonatix
The Deputy Minister for Communications, Digital Technology and Innovations, Mohammed Adams Sukparu, has assured the public that he is safe and recovering steadily following a road accident last week.
Sukparu was involved in the accident together with the Minister of Education, Haruna Iddrisu, while travelling to the 8th Congregation and 40th Anniversary celebration of Tumu College of Education. The incident sparked concern among constituents and colleagues across the country.
In a statement issued on February 15, Sukparu said he is responding positively to treatment and remains in high spirits while observing a brief period of rest as advised by medical professionals.
“Alhamdulillah, by the mercy of Almighty Allah, I am safe and currently receiving medical care. I am recovering well and have been advised by medical professionals to rest and observe a period of recuperation,” he stated.
He expressed profound gratitude to President John Dramani Mahama, Vice President Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang, Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin, Chief of Staff Julius Debrah, and the Minister for Communications, Samuel Nartey George, for their support and concern.
“I am deeply grateful for the calls, prayers and encouragement from His Excellency the President, the Vice President, and other senior government officials. Your support has been truly comforting,” he said.
Sukparu also thanked Members of Parliament, fellow Ministers of State, Chief Executive Officers and the people of Sissala West for their messages and visits.
He further acknowledged the swift intervention of Issah Mohammed Bataglia, MP for Sissala East, and commended the medical teams at Tumu Municipal Hospital and the 37 Military Hospital for their professionalism.
“I must commend the health workers at Tumu Municipal Hospital and the 37 Military Hospital for their exceptional care and dedication,” he noted.
The Deputy Minister reassured the public that he remains in stable condition and is focused on making a full recovery. “By God’s grace, I will be back to active duty soon. For now, I am concentrating on regaining full strength and following medical advice,” he added.
Latest Stories
-
‘Victory in 2028 won’t be gifted to us’ – Bawumia urges discipline, unity in NPP
24 minutes -
Lordina Mahama announces completion of 3 modern maternity and children’s wards
26 minutes -
IOM, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd partner to boost financial literacy for Ghanaian returnees
30 minutes -
There is nothing wrong with being arrested as a politician – Afenyo-Markin urges NPP unity
32 minutes -
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
35 minutes -
GNFS prevents petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
55 minutes -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
55 minutes -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
1 hour -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
1 hour -
Suspect in Zebilla police robbery and murder arrested
1 hour -
‘I am safe and recovering well’ – Mohammed Sukparu reassures public after accident
2 hours -
Bawumia thanks liaisons nationwide
2 hours -
Africa must industrialise through green transition – AGN Chair
2 hours -
Ghana’s economy still vulnerable to commodity swings and global tightening – PwC warns
2 hours -
GCAA asked to prioritise airspace safety
2 hours
