Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s High Commissioner to India, Mike Ocquaye Jnr, has rejected allegations he is no more interested in being a diplomat.
The allegation follows his decision to contest in the upcoming parliamentary primaries of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Dome Kwabenya constituency.
In a reaction to the allegations, Mike Ocquaye Jnr noted that the speculations and allegations are being sponsored by his opponents all in an attempt to cause disaffection for him.
He also indicated that he is more energised and excited to be in India, working on behalf of President Nana Akufo-Addo to deliver on the promises made to Ghanaians.

Mike Oquaye Jnr further explained that, for the first time, Ghana has a set a record of 34 per cent increase in trade with India.
He believes this among other achievements were the reason his constituents called on him to serve. “Ghana has also set a record 34 per cent increase in trade with India and for the first time in our favour, in the last one and half years only as reported to our Dep. Min. of Foreign Affairs, Hon. Charles Owiredu when he last visited India - as per Ministry of External Affairs of India Data last year.”
Mike Oquaye Jnr, faces stiff competition as he comes up against the incumbent and Minister of State in Charge of Public Procurement, Sarah Adwoa Safo, who is seeking re-election for the third time.
Some delegates in support of Mr Ocquaye Jnr’s bid for the Constituency’s seat ahead of the 2020 elections, picked the forms Thursday, February 6, on his behalf.
Latest Stories
-
‘No better songwriter in Nigerian music industry than Simi’ – Adekunle Gold
17 minutes -
Why I wished for death in my 20s – Adekunle Gold
27 minutes -
Sierra Leone to take in hundreds of West Africans deported by US, minister says
36 minutes -
Comoros suspends fuel price hikes after deadly protests
48 minutes -
Gucci takes over Times Square for Cruise show as Kering eyes revival
1 hour -
Oil prices rise after Trump warns ‘clock is ticking’ on Iran peace talks
1 hour -
Trump’s White House ballroom loses federal funding proposed by Senate Republicans
1 hour -
Forty-two pupils missing after Nigeria school attack, lawmaker says
2 hours -
Earthquake hits southwest China; thousands evacuate, buildings collapse
2 hours -
Tunisians protest against Saied over arrests and economic strain
2 hours -
Poor electricity in Nigeria affected my growth – Ayra Starr
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Aduana FC beat Young Apostles to end winless run
4 hours -
Hasaacas Ladies beat Army Ladies on penalties to win Women’s FA Cup
4 hours -
Rwandan genocide suspect Kabuga, 93, dies in custody
4 hours -
MTN Ghana marks 30 years with landmark anniversary launch in Accra
5 hours