Jamaican dancehall star, Andre Hugh Sutherland, known professionally as Popcaan, says he is set to launch his upcoming fifth studio album in Africa, Ghana to be exact.
In a tweet that surprised many, the Unruly Boss confirmed he is launching and premiering his new album in the West-African country which has been an abode to many in the diaspora, due to the #YearOfReturn & #BeyondTheReturn initiatives to boost tourism.
Popcaan tweeted: I’m doing my next album launch in Ghana and everyone’s AKWABA (welcomed).
This isn’t the first time Popcaan would visit Ghana.
The Everything Nice hitmaker landed in Ghana in 2020 to experience the #YearofReturn atmosphere where he visited top tourist sites in the country including the Cape Coast Slave Castle and the Aburi Botanical Gardens.
Meanwhile, the Dancehall superstar has already indicated that he is now working on his fifth studio album.
On Sunday, August 8, 2021, the Unruly Boss posted several photos. Among them, one of himself getting his hair braided, his eyes shut, and a spliff in one of his hands.
“ALBUM BREWING,” he captioned the post.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- GPLwk3: Amankwah rescues Hearts in Super Clash, Legon Cities win in Tamale again
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- We refuse to admit that Black Stars’ glory days are no more – Jerome Otchere
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- Nico Williams comments on Inaki’s decision to play for Ghana
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- Government keen on local production for jobs and wealth creation – Deputy Trade Minister affirms
- Suspected notorious kidnapper arrested in Nigeria
- Shinzo Abe: Why a state funeral for slain ex-PM is controversial
- Ernest Kofi Boateng: Police involvement in civil matters; a case of ‘di wo fie asem’
- Uganda medical workers strike at Ebola hospital
- Law Society of Ghana pays courtesy call on Speaker
- ‘Every player wants to write their name in World Cup history’ – Andre Ayew
- ‘Afcon fiasco was a wake up call for Ghana’ -Andre Ayew
- Amount involved in full bailout of Liquidated Fund Management Firms hits ₵3.65bn – BoG
- Recognise effort of investors – Kwesi Ernest tells artistes
- ‘I want to win the AFCON or World Cup for Ghana’-Andre Ayew
- Foreign investors own ₵31.7bn of Ghana’s debt securities on GSE
- RTI: Requesting information sometimes difficult because public servants are stuck to their old ways – Dr Adjin-Tettey