Andre Ayew has pulled out of the Black Stars squad for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Angola in Luanda on Monday, March 27.
An official GFA statement says the skipper tripped and sustained a knee injury. Afterwards, he seemed fine but he complained of pains in the early hours of Saturday and tests confirmed he had hurt his knee on Thursday.
The statement also says three others will not make the trip due to injuries. They are Mohammed Salisu, Denis Odoi and Alexander Djiku.
“He [Andre Ayew] came to complain this morning about a knee injury. The team doctors ran preliminary tests on him and concluded that he needed to head back to England for further scans,” GFA Communications Director, Henry Asante Twum told Joy Sports.
The Nottingham Forest man has now been given permission to pull out of the squad by the team doctors.
Andre is expected to travel back to England for further assessment of the extent of the injury.
The 33-year-old was left on the bench by Chris Hughton in his first game as head coach of the national as Ghana went on to record a 1-0 win against Angola.
The Black Stars are top of Group E following Thursday’s win over the Palencas Negras.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company
- Military officers from 6 Infantry Battalion end 4-week course on violent extremism in Tamale
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor