Audio By Carbonatix
Saudi Arabia has denied that its crown prince was responsible for hacking Amazon boss Jeff Bezos' phone.
A message from a phone number used by the prince has been implicated in the data breach, according to reports.
The kingdom's US embassy said the stories were "absurd" and called for an investigation into them.
It was previously claimed the alleged hack was linked to the murder of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
As well as being the founder of online retail giant Amazon, Mr Bezos owns the Washington Post.
Mr Bezos' phone was hacked after receiving a WhatsApp message sent from Mohammed bin Salman's personal account, according to the Guardian newspaper.
The Financial Times reported that an investigation into the data breach found the billionaire's phone started secretly sharing huge amounts of data after he received an encrypted video file from the prince.
The Twitter account of the kingdom's US embassy issued an outright denial and called for the claims to be investigated.
ghgjggjhgghjg
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the BBC.
The reports come after private information about Mr Bezos was leaked to the American tabloid the National Enquirer.
In February 2019 Mr Bezos accused the National Enquirer of "extortion and blackmail" after it published text messages between him and his girlfriend, former Fox television presenter Lauren Sanchez.
A month earlier he and MacKenzie Bezos, his wife of 25 years, announced that they planned to divorce having been separated for a "long period".
This is not the first time the kingdom has been linked to the hacking of Mr Bezos' phone.
In March last year an investigator for the Amazon founder said Saudi Arabia was behind the hack and it had accessed his data.
Gavin de Becker was hired by Mr Bezos to find out how his private messages had been leaked to the National Enquirer.
Mr de Becker linked the hack to the Washington Post's coverage of the murder of Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours