The Juaboso-Bia Forestry Commission in the Western North Region has donated 300 mono-desks to the Juaboso Bia West and Bia East district assemblies.
The donation is to help ease infrastructural deficit in some public schools in the districts.
During the presentation at Sefwi Adabokrom in the Bia East district, manager for Juaboso-Bia forestry commission, Mr Mark Aidoo indicated they have distributed 100 mono desks to each district.
He said this is was in response to a call from the district assemblies concerning a lack of desks for pupils in their schools.
Mr Mark Aidoo explained that the 300 mono desks were made from the woods that have been left over by timber contractors in the area, with support from saw millers in the districts.
According to him, this is the first of its kind and it has been his ultimate goal to utilize those left over timbers for a useful purpose.
Bia East district director, Mr Abdul Karim Abdullah, after receiving the desks expressed his deepest gratitude for the donation.
He thanked the manager and his staff for their timely intervention.
Mr Abdullah asked for more help as an infrastructural deficit is a major challenge facing the district.
He said the donation will help them ease the burden on school furniture.
Again, he appealed to all the beneficiary districts to make maximum use of the desks and practice good maintenance culture to ensure their longevity.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene
Citi FM petitions National Media Commission over assault on journalists
Millennial Street podcast takes on #FixTheCountry protests
I’ll deal with persons engaged in rosewood felling – Upper West Regional Minister
USAID promotes technology-based tracking system for criminal cases
Bono East Minister pledges completion of Kajaji SHS infrastructure
Chiefs involved in ‘galamsey’ to be sanctioned
Sunyani Municipal Hospital assures measures to improve health care following death of resident
UMB CEO celebrates Eid with customers in Tamale; donates items to Yaa-Naa’s
MTN donates to Chief Imam, 6000 families for Eid ul-Fitr
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master