President Akufo-Addo has asked the citizenry to have faith in him to turn the country’s current economic crisis around.
According to him, he has kept faith in God and is optimistic that God will help him change things for the good of Ghanaians.
President Akufo-Addo made the remarks when he addressed congregants of the St. Mark Anglican Church during the inauguration of the Kyebi Archdeaconry on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
“Let’s keep our faith in God and let’s trust God to use me to turn the fortunes of the nation around. Don’t lose your faith in me. Keep believing me, know that this too shall pass,” he said.
The Diocesan Bishop of the Anglican Church, Rt. Rev. Felix Odei Annanxy, who acknowledged the global economic crisis, pleaded with the president to have “direct contact with God for vision to lead the country right and change the economy.”
Currently, the Ghana Cedi has been cited by a Bloomberg report as the worst-performing currency against the dollar worldwide.
The local currency also lost further grounds Friday morning to trade at ¢14.70 to the dollar, quotations from the forex bureaus indicate.
The free fall of the local currency is having adverse effects on importers who rely on the dollar to trade.
Already, Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have also increased the prices of petroleum products at the pumps.
Currently, some OMCs are selling a litre of petrol for ¢13.10 from the previous price of ¢11.10, representing about 16% increase.
On the other hand, the price of diesel per litre has shot up to about ¢15.99, from the previous price of ¢13.90 – this is about a 12% surge.
These, among others, have led to a cost of living crisis in the country, leading to some Ghanaians calling on the government to act quickly to right the situation.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah