Ghanaians on social media have gone all out in support of an unprecedented development in Parliament today.
Many of them have thrown their weight behind the decision of the Majority Members of Parliament to demand that President Akufo-Addo sacks the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta.
The MPs, numbering about 80, held a press conference on Tuesday to impress on the President to relieve his cousin, Mr Ofori-Atta, of the responsibility of managing the national purse or risk losing their support for government business going forward.
They also want the Minister of State in charge of Finance at the Ministry of Finance, Charles Adu Boahen, to be subjected to a similar fate.
Even before the President responds to this call, social media users have already shown their will to see the move materialise.
Whatever their motives are the fact still remains that this Finance minister has failed abysmally.— DJ JERRY (@deejjerry) October 25, 2022
He has failed as leader and nothing else is left for him to do than to walk away honourably. #KenMustGo
They have posted tweets using the hashtag #KenMustGo, which has topped the trends on Twitter with about 4,100 tweets so far.
Read more reactions below:
This man thinks he is tough. But we must force him out! #KenMustGo— Hakeem🇬🇭 (@HakeemNuriD) October 25, 2022
We living in a country where there is no finance minister, there is no Vice President and no president tueh #KenMustGo— Mystical (@Mysticalgee2) October 25, 2022
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians
- 4 suspects in Haiti president’s killing sent to US
- Francis Addai Nimoh formally declares intention to contest for NPP flagbearership race
- Full text: NDC’s Moment Of Truth speech on Auditor-Generals Report on government’s Covid expenditures
- EuroCham, Agribusiness Chamber to launch a platform to increase investments in agric
- I’ve been loyal to NPP despite being sidelined by Akufo-Addo – Addai-Nimoh