KGL Group has partnered with the Asamoah Gyan Foundation to drive a collective agenda towards youth entrepreneurship and capacity building.
This is part of its corporate responsibility activities geared towards empowering the youth and inspiring wealth building.
The wholly owned Ghanaian entity with subsidiaries operating across digital solutions, innovations, fintech, and logistics company, operating through its CSR wing, the KGL Foundation has signed a one-year partnership agreement with the Asamoah Gyan Foundation.
This agreement will leverage both the Ghanaian football legend, Asamoah Gyan, as a global icon and KGL Foundation’s mission to empower communities, changing lives to inspire a new generation of youth entrepreneurs working to create value and wealth across diverse fields of expertise.
This newly formed relationship will seek to explore avenues for collaboration, with a core focus on joint initiatives between both Foundations, across the pillars of Sports (Football and Tennis), Education (STEM for Girls) and Youth Empowerment.
Initiatives discussed in the agreement include a planned ‘LeGyandery’ book tour to be hosted by Asamoah Gyan under his Foundation, which will access select Senior High Schools for a mentorship session with the youth and coaching sessions under the KGL Foundation Under-17 Juvenile, league among others.
Speaking on the significance of this historic occasion, the Executive Chairman of the KGL Group, who also serves as Board Chairman of the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre, hailed this agreement as a great platform for the Group to advance its mandate of providing value for the communities it operates within.
“KGL Group has sought to deliver excellence and dexterity in all our operations since its inception. This allows us to work together to fulfil our joint mission of poverty eradication through wealth creation. Giving back is essential to our operations, and I see this as a unique opportunity for us to impact the next generation of entrepreneurs and footballers”.
He added, “This also serves as a fantastic opportunity for Asamoah Gyan as he winds down his football career. He has shown an apt for entrepreneurship which excites me! I hope he will further build on his experiences as he embarks on this new stage of his life”.
Football legend Asamoah Gyan also expressed his profound gratitude to Alex Dadey and the KGL Group for the mutual understanding of the need to invest in youth development and for officially partnering with the Asamoah Foundation in this regard.
He added, “I have achieved much in football for Mother Ghana. I wear Ghana on my sleeve everywhere I go.
“This partnership will further strengthen my resolve to continue to fly high the flag of Ghana and to fulfil the ultimate wish of giving back to my country”.
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- ‘Galamsey’ got worse under Mahama – NPP tells NDC
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods