Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid in a lively derby to make it six wins from six at the start of their La Liga title defence.
Rodrygo gave Real the opener with a half-volley from Aurelien Tchouameni’s audacious scooped ball over the top.
They doubled their lead when Vinicius Jr’s shot hit the post with Federico Valverde scoring the rebound.
Mario Hermoso briefly gave Atletico hope with a goal but then all but removed it with a late red card.
The substitute scored with his shoulder with seven minutes to go after Thibaut Courtois had missed a corner from Antoine Griezmann, making his first start of the season for Atletico.
But Hermoso was shown a yellow card for pushing Dani Carvajal and two minutes later picked up a second for shoving Dani Ceballos as they waited for a Griezmann corner.
However, the fixture was marred by what appeared to be racist chants aimed at Real’s Brazilian forward Vinicius outside the stadium beforehand, which followed criticism of his dancing goal celebrations and a debate over whether that criticism was racist.
Some fans also reportedly threw objects at Vinicius after a Real goal and aimed further songs at him in the closing stages.
Carlo Ancelotti’s Real have won all six games, putting them two points clear of Barcelona at the top. Atletico are seventh.
Real last won their opening six games in 1987-88
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- Ghana produces first locally trained Geriatrician
- Alan Kyerematen mobbed by NPP grassroots at party’s headquarters
- The self-proclaimed kingdom that doesn’t recognise Germany
- World Cup 2022: Morocco hope for ‘breakthrough’ for Africa in quarter-final against Portugal
- Haruna Iddrisu, others laud Opare Addo for his good works as NDC National Youth Organsier
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- D’banj released from custody over lack of evidence – lawyer
- IOM, JICA donate equipment and ambulances to GHS
- Debt-ridden Ghana’s cedi posts world’s biggest gain against US dollar
- Unemployed remanded for murder over ¢30
- One week observance for Mrs Gladys Baako on December 17
- US president to back AU membership of G20
- Exclusive: US Government to approve Ghana’s IMF request at Board level
- Broken down waste truck inconveniences Haatso residents
- Gospel musician Rosey says she gets most love and support from secular artistes