The central business district of Accra can now boast of access to excellent quality of healthcare in a convenient location thanks to Nyaho Medical Centre, who have opened a new branch in Accra Central, located at The Octagon.
The newly opened branch will provide prompt access to high-quality clinical care in a serene and state of the art set up and also to offer faster diagnostics, introducing telemedicine support for remote specialist input and real-time access to patient records.
This means patients have their information coordinated and intact irrespective of location, as doctors have real-time access to all patient folders electronically whether they visit The Octagon branch or Airport Residential main centre.
Commenting on the opening of the new branch, Managing Director of the Medical Centre, Dr. Elikem Christian Tamaklo said the new branch would meet the growing demands of patients' quest for quality healthcare solutions at their convenience.
He added that the Centre is registered with National Communications Authority to allow for the enforcement of the Protection Act. “What we’re looking at when it comes to healthcare is making sure the data is protected. We are registered with the National Communications Authority in terms of making sure that everything is actually protected according to the Protection Act. So especially when it comes to telemedicine, when it comes to images and video conferencing, all this is on a secure network so that we can ensure that patient data is protected at all times.”
Deputy Director of the Ghana Health Service, Dr. Gloria Quansah Asare indicated that her outfit was looking forward to partner with the medical centre to provide excellent healthcare to Ghanaians in the vicinity.
The Accra central branch of Nyaho Medical Centre is sited at the convenience of employees and beneficiaries working and living within the central business district of the capital and it will be open between the hours of 7 a.m and 7 p.m on weekdays.
With the use of innovative solutions and collaborative healthcare, clients at the Accra central branch have access to the one-stop-shop model at Airport.
The only difference is that the main centre runs for 24 hours while Accra central branch is open on weekdays only.
Notwithstanding, consultation, diagnostics, laboratory services, medication and health and wellness packages are all within reach in one comfortable setting.
For cases requiring escalated care, there is an in-house ambulance on standby to transport patients.
Clients who require of their diagnostic images to be shared remotely with doctors in other geographic locations can have this done using our picture archiving an communications system (PACS) which enables x-rays and scans of patients to be transferred electronically.
The unveiling ceremony of the new branch was done on the founder, Dr. Kwami Nyaho Tamaklo's 16th death anniversary.
Enjoy more photos below
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A common struggle: How a mixture of narcotics and alcohol plunged me into anxiety attacks
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200
- Global fertility has 'come down tremendously'
- Video: Don’t stalk your ex; it's unhealthy – Counsellor
- 11 things to know when planning a wedding
- In love with romantic love? That comes with risks
- How to recognize stress drinking and what to do about it
- Women warned over heart attack risks
- Should you worry if your nipples point inward?
- What women really think when you call your exes 'crazy'
- Bridge for Equity Ghana, Medicas Hospital hold free breast cancer screening
- 8 signs you're being too controlling in your relationship