The central business district of Accra can now boast of access to excellent quality of healthcare in a convenient location thanks to Nyaho Medical Centre, who have opened a new branch in Accra Central, located at The Octagon.
The newly opened branch will provide prompt access to high-quality clinical care in a serene and state of the art set up and also to offer faster diagnostics, introducing telemedicine support for remote specialist input and real-time access to patient records.
This means patients have their information coordinated and intact irrespective of location, as doctors have real-time access to all patient folders electronically whether they visit The Octagon branch or Airport Residential main centre.
Commenting on the opening of the new branch, Managing Director of the Medical Centre, Dr. Elikem Christian Tamaklo said the new branch would meet the growing demands of patients' quest for quality healthcare solutions at their convenience.
He added that the Centre is registered with National Communications Authority to allow for the enforcement of the Protection Act. “What we’re looking at when it comes to healthcare is making sure the data is protected. We are registered with the National Communications Authority in terms of making sure that everything is actually protected according to the Protection Act. So especially when it comes to telemedicine, when it comes to images and video conferencing, all this is on a secure network so that we can ensure that patient data is protected at all times.”
Deputy Director of the Ghana Health Service, Dr. Gloria Quansah Asare indicated that her outfit was looking forward to partner with the medical centre to provide excellent healthcare to Ghanaians in the vicinity.
The Accra central branch of Nyaho Medical Centre is sited at the convenience of employees and beneficiaries working and living within the central business district of the capital and it will be open between the hours of 7 a.m and 7 p.m on weekdays.
With the use of innovative solutions and collaborative healthcare, clients at the Accra central branch have access to the one-stop-shop model at Airport.
The only difference is that the main centre runs for 24 hours while Accra central branch is open on weekdays only.
Notwithstanding, consultation, diagnostics, laboratory services, medication and health and wellness packages are all within reach in one comfortable setting.
For cases requiring escalated care, there is an in-house ambulance on standby to transport patients.
Clients who require of their diagnostic images to be shared remotely with doctors in other geographic locations can have this done using our picture archiving an communications system (PACS) which enables x-rays and scans of patients to be transferred electronically.
The unveiling ceremony of the new branch was done on the founder, Dr. Kwami Nyaho Tamaklo's 16th death anniversary.
Enjoy more photos below
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Researchers design long-acting contraceptive administered by microneedle
- 8 relationship experts define cheating
- Bel-Aqua educates customers on transporting, storing water
- Third of UN workers 'sexually harassed'
- 3 anti-ageing tips for your hands, neck & chest
- What is the right age to lose your virginity?
- First Lady leads campaign to break stigma of infertility
- 20 biggest regrets of people who married young
- Shenen Cosmetics names social media influencers as brand ambassadors
- Sit less and move more to reduce risk of early death, study says
- Things that are making it hard for you to move on after a breakup
- The lifesaving food 90% aren’t eating enough of
- 5 Signs That You've Landed in the Wrong Relationship
- 5 lessons from people who lost 80 pounds or more — and kept it off
- 7 unattractive things women do that chase men away