Two doctors, one a Ghanaian medical doctor at the Police Hospital, saved the life of a Ghanaian passenger who was seriously ill on board a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Accra on Saturday.
The passenger, a lady, suffered from severe abdominal pains from the food she might have eaten at home and collapsed on board the flight.
The Ghanaian doctor, Chief Superintendent Dr. Samuel Ofori along with German doctor, Prof. Manfred Spitznas worked together on board the flight to save the life of the passenger.
Prof. Manfred Spitznas
The flight, KL 0589, had been delayed for nearly two hours at Schipol Airport, Amsterdam, due in part to inclement weather in Amsterdam and bleeding from another passenger before take off.
By the time the passenger who was suffering from bleeding was taken care of and the weather cleared up, passengers had been grounded for nearly three hours on the tarmac, according to reports.
Executive Director of the Africa Center for International Law and Accountability (ACILA), William Nyarko, who was on board the flight said it was the most stressful and eventful flight he had been on but commended the two doctors for saving the life of his fellow Ghanaian passenger.
Once a life was saved all our discomfort paled into insignificance, Mr. Nyarko added.
He also commended the captain of the flight Mr. Marcel Veusteeof and Ms.Ann Boumal, the chef (leader of the cabin crew) for the professional manner they handled all the situations.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Will your grilled meat, chicken and fish cause cancer?
- You don't need an air freshener if you have this
- God not against medication- Doctor decries poor attitude to health
- NDC MP wants law to regulate emerging fertility industry
- How to actually teach your kid the value of money
- UN agency imports contraceptives worth $1.9m to Ghana in 2018
- Accra Mall opens applications for maiden Future Fashion Fund
- Ghanaian children depend on only one pediatric cardiologist
- Gov’t launches action plan to tackle pollution
- 7 common fights couples have during the first year of marriage
- The healthy vegetable that can poison your liver
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Yes, rice water can do magic to your hair
- Describing women as complex has mental health implications- Psychologist
- Ridge hospital makes impact on the psychological well-being of Ghanaians
- 10 ways to plan a low budget wedding