Two doctors, one a Ghanaian medical doctor at the Police Hospital, saved the life of a Ghanaian passenger who was seriously ill on board a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Accra on Saturday.
The passenger, a lady, suffered from severe abdominal pains from the food she might have eaten at home and collapsed on board the flight.
The Ghanaian doctor, Chief Superintendent Dr. Samuel Ofori along with German doctor, Prof. Manfred Spitznas worked together on board the flight to save the life of the passenger.
Prof. Manfred Spitznas
The flight, KL 0589, had been delayed for nearly two hours at Schipol Airport, Amsterdam, due in part to inclement weather in Amsterdam and bleeding from another passenger before take off.
By the time the passenger who was suffering from bleeding was taken care of and the weather cleared up, passengers had been grounded for nearly three hours on the tarmac, according to reports.
Executive Director of the Africa Center for International Law and Accountability (ACILA), William Nyarko, who was on board the flight said it was the most stressful and eventful flight he had been on but commended the two doctors for saving the life of his fellow Ghanaian passenger.
Once a life was saved all our discomfort paled into insignificance, Mr. Nyarko added.
He also commended the captain of the flight Mr. Marcel Veusteeof and Ms.Ann Boumal, the chef (leader of the cabin crew) for the professional manner they handled all the situations.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Chamber of Pharmacy to build Pharma Industry Park
- Hotline documentary: Born Special
- Central Region records impressive maternal, child health performance indicators
- How relationship experts define the word 'soulmate'
- Video: Submission in marriage is a sign of strength – Counselor
- Does coconut oil for yeast infections work?
- Yes, you can be raped by your husband: It happened to me
- 'I was diagnosed with cancer at seven months pregnant'
- Cancer's 'internal wiring' predicts relapse risk
- Apparently, weed gives women better orgasms
- How sleep can be better for weight loss than the gym
- Does eating mushrooms protect brain health?
- Early detection is possible for Pancreatic Cancer
- Ghana to leverage on India’s experiences towards becoming pharmaceutical hub
- Who should be buying the condoms in your relationship?