The National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) tour of the Ashanti Region has made a brief detour to check on victims of an accident involving supporters of the party.
The group, lead by the NDC flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama visited the Ejura Government Hospital after an accident at Frante claimed the lives of six persons traveling to join the party’s campaign ahead of the December elections.
Eyewitnesses say the accident reportedly happened when the bus conveying the supporters was crossed by a motorcycle resulting in the driver losing control of the truck.
The incident which occurred at the Ejura Sekyedumase Municipality on Saturday saw about 50 others sustaining injuries with 15 in critical condition.
Health workers at the hospital are working around the clock to save the lives of the persons involved.
John Mahama was in the company of campaign manager Prof Joshua Alabi, Chairman Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, Ashanti Regional Deputy Secretary of the NDC, Matthew Kojo Njourkone among other party big-wigs in the region.
Addressing the people of Ejura after the visit to the hospital, he commiserated with the family of the deceased.
While expressing his belief in a speedy recovery of the victims, he stated that the municipality was at the heart of his campaign and will do more to develop the area.
The deceased have been conveyed to the Ejura Government Hospital Morgue.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid