After a long break due to the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the 2022/23 Malta Guinness Women’s Premier League resumes this weekend across the two zones.
Current champions, Ampem Darkoa Ladies are looking to extend their lead at the top of the table in the Southern zone while Hasaacas Ladies are after redemption after losing the title last season.
In the Northern zone, Pearlipia Ladies will host AshTown Ladies at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium on Saturday, January 28, as they look to chase Ampem Darkoa.
After seven games played, Pearlpia are tied on the same points with the Nana Mma with a host of games still to come.
With just three wins from their opening seven games, Dreamz Ladies will rely on Stella Nyamekye once again when they take on Prisons Ladies in their next league fixture.
Northern Ladies will be hoping to pile more misery on 9th-placed Fabulous Ladies when they two face each other at the Bantama Astro Turf.
Candy Soccer Academy battles Tamale Super Ladies with Ampem Darkoa also welcoming Supreme Ladies to the Ohene Ameyaw Park.
The Southern zone also takes its turn on Saturday with an opening fixture of the day between Thunder Queens and Berry Ladies.
Ridge City face in-form Faith Ladies at the McDan Town Park looking to turn their season around. The debutants are without a win in the seven games they have played this campaign, picking up just two points.
Struggling Police Ladies will look to avoid an upset when they face newcomers Essiam Socrates at the Achimota School Park.
Army Ladies could move to second should they beat Soccer Intellectuals in their encounter while Hasaacas Ladies and LadyStrikers rekindle their rival at the Sekondi Gyandu Park.
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- AFCON 2023Q: Mohammed Salisu only fitness doubt ahead of Angola clash
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- Livestream: TikTok CEO testifying before US Congress
- Government expects passage of 3 financial bills laid before Parliament
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- The rising level of air pollution in West Africa
- Livestream: Parliament suspends debate on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Politicians’ quest to recoup investment in campaigns puts Ghana’s democracy at risk – Dr Pumpuni Asante
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix