The Greater Accra Regional Police Command has arrested a male citizen for faking a robbery incident.
Suspect, Godfred Kataso, is said to have filed a report at the Accra Central Police Station on February 11, 2022, reporting a robbery that took place around the National Theatre in Accra.
According to him, he was robbed at gunpoint and the robbers made away with ¢69,000.
He told the Police the amount stolen belonged to his boss.
The suspect noted that he was on his way to depositing the money at the bank when the incident happened.
But further investigations carried out by the Police revealed that the robbery was a hoax.
“The suspect (Godfred Kataso) confirmed feigning the robbery,” the Police Service revealed in a Facebook post.
Godfred Kataso according to the Police report, stole the money himself in order to travel around.
He is currently in police custody and will be put before the court of law. Meanwhile, the money has been retrieved for evidential purposes.
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- Bawumia, NPP and NDC bigwigs mourn with Jospong CEO
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
- Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
- Man found dead on a farm after going missing
- At least 17 found dead in South Africa nightclub
- All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
Livestream: The Law discusses Ghana’s plan for community sentencing
MSMEs reluctant to legalise operations due to taxation -GEA Study
Reading has opened many doors for me – Samira Bawumia tells students
KNUST School of Veterinary Medicine organises maiden animal welfare seminar
GhIE President calls for construction of durable road transport systems in Ghana
BoG, CSA to collaborate to fight cyber threats
Ukraine war: UK joins ban on imports of Russian gold
Semenya slams ‘cowards’ leading African athletics over DSD stance
Nigerian Ife head: Why UK police are holding a priceless sculpture
At least 17 found dead in South Africa nightclub
Livestream: Virtual Service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Bawumia, NPP and NDC bigwigs mourn with Jospong CEO
Man found dead on a farm after going missing
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch