Ghana is known worldwide as a football nation despite excelling in other sporting events.
The country’s occasional stellar performances in boxing, for example, have been noteworthy.
But did you know Ghana has a representative on the main professional golf tours in the USA and North America?
Ghanaian Danny List is the only West African playing professional golf at the highest level, the PGA Tour, the world’s premier membership organisation for touring professional golfers.
Currently playing his 3rd season on the PGA tours, Danny List grew up in Ghana and had a stellar start to his young career.
Although he started as a football player at age 12, his passion for golf dominated his time. He then received multiple scholarships offers to play college golf in the US, ultimately choosing to attend the University of Washington.
After turning professional at 19, He still carries Ghana’s golfing hopes on his shoulders and is flying high the flag of the Black Star of Africa!
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining