It’s the first time in history that black women hold the titles for Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, Miss America, Miss Universe and Miss World.
The 23-year-old student was born in St Thomas, Jamaica, and plans to study medicine and become a doctor.
She tweeted on Saturday: “Please know that you are worthy and capable of achieving your dreams… you have a PURPOSE.”
Toni-Ann impressed judges at the event in ExCel London after singing Whitney Houston’s I Have Nothing, and answering a variety of questions.
She said: “This feels like a dream, I’m so grateful.”
“Whatever it is you see in me, thank you. I’m ready to get to work.”
She beat 111 other contestants representing different countries, to be the fourth Jamaican winner of the title since the competition began.
When asked by judge Piers Morgan if she would consider a singing career, she said: “If the door is open I’ll walk through it.”
Toni-Ann was crowned by the Previous Miss World, Vanessa Ponce de Leon
The runners up included Ophély Mézino from France and Suman Rao from India.
One moment that caught people’s attention online was Miss Nigeria’s reaction to Toni-Ann’s win.
Nyekachi Douglas, who placed fifth, jumped and screamed with Joy when the winner was announced.
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road
Apart from assaulting Opare Addo, his privacy was invaded – Koku Anyidohu
Ghana’s corruption performance has been in decline since 2012 – Expert
39th IRAWMA: The winners, the African force, performances and special awardees
Mother of 6 murdered by unknown assailants
EC not to blame for violence, deaths during 2020 polls – Jean Mensa
Over 2,000 people to benefit from Waste Management System in Bechem
Nigerian political aide arrested in US for benefit fraud
Pfizer vaccine can now be stored in fridge for longer, EU drug regulator says
Full text: Jean Mensa’s address at IPAC workshop on 2020 elections
Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
I was traumatized by Police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience