Audio By Carbonatix
The District Chief Executive (DCE) of Ellembelle in the Western Region, Kwasi Bonzo, has said his family is still traumatised following reports on the disappearance of two excavators.
He said his grandmother, about 93 years old had a shock hearing reports that he has stolen an excavator but expressed happiness for being exonerated now.
“When this issue of missing excavators went viral and was reported that I had been arrested, my family was and is still traumatised about the issues. My grandmother, who is about 93 years old, had high pressure and could not sleep.
“She has a mild stroke and her BP shot up as a result of the news. She could have died,” he cried on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen on Monday.
Mr Bonzo has been charged with five counts of alleged obstruction over the controversial missing excavators saga.
The charges he will face are assault, conspiracy to assault, resisting arrest and two others.
Mr Bonzo had earlier claimed that police in the area failed to protect the excavators seized from some illegal miners in the area, hence the earth-moving equipment could not be found.
But Mr Bonzo noted one of the missing excavators was subsequently found last Tuesday.
To him, he had huge support back home in the fight against galamsey and will do all it takes to ensure that the menace is dealt with.
Latest Stories
-
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
21 minutes -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
25 minutes -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
38 minutes -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
54 minutes -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
54 minutes -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
54 minutes -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
54 minutes -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
59 minutes -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
1 hour -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
1 hour -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
1 hour -
Swimming stakeholders call for legitimate governance and constitutional elections in Ghana Swimming
2 hours -
Akatsi Police seize suspected cannabis consignment, driver escapes
2 hours -
EU investment in Ghana reaches $16bn – GIPC’s Boss
2 hours -
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
2 hours