The National Peace Council (NPC) has developed conflict complaint and conflict alertness forms to facilitate reporting of such issues by persons who wish to do so.
The Council in a statement issued on July 4 said the newly developed measure would “strengthen early warning and response mechanisms as well as help in effective documentation of cases and interventions of the Council.”
According to the Council, the new protocol would help achieve the mandate of conflict prevention, management and resolution in sustaining the peace of the country.
In addition, the Council has also established a Peace Fund to complement government’s financial support for conflict resolution in the country.
Individuals who wish to contribute could donate to the Vodafone Number: 0506587169.
“The Board and Management [of National Peace Council] use this opportunity to appeal to Ghanaians to contribute their widow’s mite into the Fund to support the work of the Council,” the Council urged.
Details required to complete the Conflict alertness form are; name of person or group reporting, the type of conflict being reported, age, gender of the complainant, etc.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP
- Sacking Samuel Boadu at the ‘wrong time’ brings pressure on the new coach – Amankwah Mireku
- Playback: PM Express discuss ECG vending challenges
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season