The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has dragged the Electoral Commission (EC) to court over the Commission’s decision to reopen the voters’ register.
This comes after the EC announced that it will reopen the voters register for persons who for some reasons [including the closure of the borders] failed to have their names captured in the new provisional register to do so.
The exercise is intended to come off on October 1 in all district offices of the Commission in all 16 regions of the country from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The opposition party, however, is contesting the Commission’s decision in court as it claims the EC has acted ultra vires by not publishing in the gazette the 21 days’ notice of the planned exercise as the election law requires.
The party, therefore, wants the court to place an injunction restraining the Commission from proceeding with the exercise as planned.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti NSS boss at Manhyia Hospital under care of psychologist – GRNMA
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC to reject government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Sinapi Aba’s green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin