The National Women Organizer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Hannah Bissiw, has stated that her party was cheated in the 2020 presidential election ‘with the help of the Electoral Commission’.
According to her, the Chairperson of the EC, Jean Mensa, announced ‘cooked figures’ by the New Patriotic Party (NPP) to favour then-presidential candidate Akufo-Addo.
Madam Bissiw, however, failed to provide collated figures by the NDC to substantiate her claim during an interview with journalists in Ho. This was on the sideline of an engagement with a cross-section of NDC women organizers in the Volta Region.
She asserted that the NPP orchestrated a scheme towards winning the 8th general elections, by compiling a new voters’ register and printing extra presidential ballot papers.
“For the first time in our political electioneering history, we had over 300,000 people who voted for only presidential. How come?”, she quizzed.
She also brushed aside claims that former president John Mahama lost the 2016 presidential elections and chronicled that his decision to hand over power was in the best interest of the country.
“John Dramani Mahama conceded defeat in 2016 because he is a man of peace. 2020, he didn’t lose, we didn’t lose the elections. We were robbed,” she stressed.
Madam Bissiw, therefore, advised stalwarts of the NDC to launch campaign activities towards the return of the opposition party to power in 2024.
She detailed that it is only a John Mamaha-led-government that can restore democratic governance in Ghana, since it has diminished under President Akufo-Addo’s watch.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Social media users list Top 5 Ghanaian players
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field