Accra City Hotel has been adjudged the Best City Hotel in Ghana at the 2017 Africa Tourism Awards hosted by the World Tourism Forum, in Accra.
This brings to five, the number of awards the Hotel has won within the last two years.
The Hotel is the reigning Best 4-Star Hotel in Accra (by Ghana Tourism Authority), the Best 4-Star Hotel in Ghana (by Ghana Hotels Association) and the Best Hotel in Customer Service.
Meanwhile, the Hotel is also awaiting the public announcement of an award it has won at the World Luxury Awards held recently.
The objective of the Africa Tourism Awards is to identify, recognize and reward establishments and individuals who have strived to promote Africa as an attractive tourist destination. The Awards serves as a benchmark for excellence in the promotion of tourism in Africa.
In an interview with the media after receiving the Award, the Executive Director of Accra City Hotel and Group CEO of CDH Financial Holdings Limited, Emmanuel Adu-Sarkodee said the honor is a testimony of the success of the strategic change that happened to the Hotel, nearly two years ago.
“Since the takeover of the brand, we have positioned it as a preferred destination for tourists and business travelers who visit our country. I believe we have done well to position, not just Accra City, but Ghana to attract footfall from tourists and tourism stakeholders,” Mr. Adu-Sarkodee said.
“Going forward, we will continue to do things that will put Ghana and Accra on the radar of travelers, through international hotel best practices, while serving as the microcosm of the popular Ghanaian hospitality,” the Executive Director added.
The General Manager of Accra City Hotel, Roman Krabel, said, “We’re ecstatic that Accra City Hotel continues to be rewarded by the travel industry, and more importantly, by the guests themselves, for delivering a true experience of style, service and connection.”
The locally managed hotel also enjoys the pride as the first and only hospitality brand with ISO certification in Ghana. This feat has attracted the confidence and trust of stakeholders of the hospitality industry in Ghana and beyond.
For 29 years, the brand led the way in positioning Ghanaian hospitality on the global stage. Reports say, the Hotel will soon construct a modern, multipurpose conference facility to serve the Ghanaian and international hospitality market.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Today's front pages
- Assistant headmaster of KUHIS suspended over sodomy allegations
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2019 now open
- Students Loan Trust Fund apologises for delay in disbursement
- ‘Sack Ursula’: MP urges after ‘rude’ letter to BoG Secretary
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages