Four final year students of Sunyani-Tanoso Nursing Training College have been confirmed dead in an accident on the Sunyani-Abeseim road.
This was after the car they were travelling in from the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) Nomination Jam held in Sunyani and organised by Charter House on Saturday was involved in an accident.
Eyewitnesses told Sky FM’s Pius Oppong Asamoah that they suspect that the driver was drunk before he rammed the Nissan Primera they were travelling in into a tree.
He was the only survivor but the ladies who are reported to be in their early 20s all died on the spot.
Details of the identities of the deceased are yet to be confirmed but Mr Asamoah said the deceased were final year students of the Sunyani-Tanoso Nursing Training College.
School authorities have declined to speak about the identity of the victims.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder